PDA

View Full Version : two questions G4P

bourbeaue
02/25/2009, 12:55 AM
I have an ASM G4P which is a short version of the G4X I believe (Sedra 9000) on a 180g reef tank. I have read all about mods and have done the gate valve and a mesh mod. I am still not satisfied with the performance of the unit. I am wondering if I could do another mod I have never heard of before: raise the skimmer body (I have plenty of head room) but leave the pump lower in order for the pump to be attached to the skimmer closer to its base. I would of course have to drill a new hole in the side and block the current hole. This would provide longer contact time as right now, there are only bubble (very fine ones) in the top half of the main chamber. Seems like a big waste.

My second question relates to ozone. I want to run ozone in the skimmer (again to improve its performance). I have tried it before, but never figured out a way to get carbon to trap the ozone escaping from the lid of the skimmer. Since my skimmer is in a cabinet under my tank in my dining room, the smell of escaping ozone doesn't do well with my wife... Even if I dial the ozone pretty low, you can usually smell it. I know some skimmers are made to have carbon in their lids. How do you do this with an ASM ?

Thanks a lot for your precious help my friends.

Eric