PDA

View Full Version : condy anemones

bermocrf250
02/25/2009, 04:39 PM
any one any pics of condy anemones and what type of clowns host them. i picked up a purpel lta condy yesterday and my common clowns dont want anything to do with it

Toddrtrex
02/25/2009, 04:46 PM
Condy's aren't a natural host for any clowns --- wrong ocean.

bermocrf250
02/25/2009, 05:13 PM
ye i heard the same thing today and that it was from the atlantic ocean but the guy that sold me it from the lfs said that my clowns should host it sorry i cant post any pics.

Toddrtrex
02/25/2009, 05:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14482182#post14482182 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bermocrf250
ye i heard the same thing today and that it was from the atlantic ocean but the guy that sold me it from the lfs said that my clowns should host it sorry i cant post any pics.

There is a chance that they will (( what type of clowns? )), but there is also a chance (( to a lesser degree )) that it will eat them.

bermocrf250
02/25/2009, 05:22 PM
they are common clowns(nemos)its also an aggressive eater hole silver sides gone in seconds.

Dweezle
02/26/2009, 04:39 AM
I have a perc thats hosts in a condy. That said, if the condy wasn't there it would host in whatever it came across first, be it frogspawn, mushrooms or xenia. My mom's hosts in a duncan. I heard of them hosting mag-floats and powerheads. Mine tried my galaxea once. Shot right back out. Think it might have zapped him cause he never tried it again. I think (and I could be wrong) that if it's in that fishes nature to host in something, it will. If that fish doesn't know that behavior, it probably won't. My moms other tank has a perc that will not display this behavior. She's even went as far as taping pics of hosting percs to the side of the tank hoping it would figure it out. No dice. Good luck.

ps, ditch the bike. Real men race quads :)

bermocrf250
02/26/2009, 06:50 AM
i ditched that bike many times lol:rollface: