PDA

View Full Version : repeat command causes light to flicker?

Gary Majchrzak
02/25/2009, 10:37 PM
at night, (after all lights in the house are off), I can see one of my metal halide lamps power up for a split second on a regular basis. It would appear to coincide with the repeat command interval. (I'm quite sure I can hear the ballast receive power at the same time the light flashes.) Any ideas why would this be happening?
TIA :)

kenargo
02/25/2009, 10:52 PM
Can you post your program so we can look at what you have? I don't understand what you mean by repeat interval.

Gary Majchrzak
02/25/2009, 11:36 PM
The repeat interval defines how often the ACjr retransmits commands to the remote control modules. The commands are repeated on a periodic basis to ensure that all of the control modules are in a correct state. (The manual then goes on explaining how to change the factory programmed default setting of 5 minutes.)

kenargo
02/26/2009, 12:03 AM
So the issue happens after you changed it? What was happening that you felt you needed to change it?

If you are getting flicker (which usually is for VHO and PC lighting) is often related to current leakage which is part of using triacs (which the DC8 uses) but it is most often older ballasts that show the issue.

Gary Majchrzak
02/26/2009, 06:40 PM
I didn't change it- the repeat interval is still on factory preset here. Now that you mention it I've seen this identical flicker before when my VHO's were plugged into that same outlet.

kenargo
02/26/2009, 07:02 PM
It sounds like you could have more than expected leakage; you might want to contact Neptune Support and see what they think.

Gary Majchrzak
02/26/2009, 07:12 PM
thanks, Ken :)