PDA

View Full Version : Tunze wavebox and a closed loop?

alin2
02/26/2009, 02:43 PM
Hi all. Thanks in advance for any responses.

I'm in the midst of completely revising my tank. I was just at my LFS and saw a 7 foot tank with a wavebox in it, and it was possibly the coolest thing I've seen in awhile.

My tank looks like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/alin2/DSC_1987.jpg

I used to have 2 Tunze Streams on a 7095 with the mounted streams on the sides of my overflow.

I am now plumbing in a closed loop with a Oceans Motions 4-way and a Dart with the 4 outputs coming from the bottom and aimed at the viewable short side. This is in an effort to get the flow circling from left to right on the pic and bottom to top in a counterclockwise direction looking at the above pic.

My question is if I mount a Wavebox on the center of my back overflow aimed in the same direction as the closed loop outputs, will the alternating flow of the closed loop interfere too much with the creation of a wave? Any thoughts?

rvitko
02/26/2009, 04:06 PM
If the flow is pointed in the same direction as the wavebox the impact will be minimal.

alin2
02/26/2009, 05:21 PM
Sorry...the impact of the closed loop with a Oceans Motions 4-way ON THE WAVEBOX will be minimal? IOW, the wavebox will still work well?

Or, the Wavebox will have a minimal impact because it won't work well because of the CL on a OM 4-way?

Sorry for being obtuse...

rvitko
02/26/2009, 05:27 PM
If I understand correctly all he outlets will be aimed in the same direction as the outlet of the wavebox. This will have a minimal impact on the wavebox, it should still work just fine.

alin2
02/26/2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks!

The plan is for the closed loop outputs to all point towards the side opposite the overflow in the same direction as the output of the wavebox. I'm going to borrow the wavebox from my LFS and see how it works!