PDA

View Full Version : New to X10 - Help Please

intenseimage
02/26/2009, 10:08 PM
So we setup a frag tank a few rooms away from the main tank with the ACIII. I want to use X10 to control the lighting on this tank. I already have 2 of the Appliance modules but what else do I need - I believe I need an interface from the wall outlet to the ACIII?

Something like this right?
http://cgi.ebay.com/X10-PRO-2-Way-Powerline-Interface-PSC05_W0QQitemZ370092990400QQihZ024QQcategoryZ94879QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l126 2

And once I have that connected I just program a timer name and match it to the dials on the modules?

kenargo
02/26/2009, 10:27 PM
Yup, sounds like you have the right plan.

devgru
02/27/2009, 09:43 PM
i didnt look at the ebay link.i dont like steal-bay as ive had some problems.

i just bought a interface(PSC04) and several appliance(AM466) from thehomeautomationstore.com(sorry im not good at posting links)

having done alot of x10 automation in the past,first i will tell you to see if the other room is on the same phase as the one where the AC is connected.you can do this by going to main breaker and (if their labeled correctly) find both rooms.if they are both on the left or both on the right,thats good.if not a phase coupler might be required.

signal strength will be the next issue.you can purchase repeaters that help amplify signal.however if both rooms are next to each other,sharing a common wall.you can run the flatwire from the last DC thru the wall and connect the interface module to it and then plug it into an outlet in that room.now,all x10 will be on same circuit and you will have better reliability.if the rooms are not next to each other but close,you can make a patch cable using Cat5e which will allow longer distance then the one supplied by neptune.just make sure you have them correctly paired at both ends.

hope this helps.PM me if you have any questions as i dont read every thread repeatedly.

devgru
02/27/2009, 09:45 PM
sorry one more thing.i did look at the ebay one and tho you could use it,it is a 2way interface and neptune does not support 2way from what ive been told.the one on ebay is the PSC05.