PDA

View Full Version : Multiple tanks

chicube
02/27/2009, 09:59 AM
I have a question about using the ACIII on multiple tanks.

I currently have my ACIII hooked up to a tank in my basement with a px1000 and an I/O Breakout box. I also want to use it to control a tank upstairs in my house. From reading other post here I know I can use cat 5 to connect another px1000 to the upstairs tank. Here's my question:

Is there a way that I can have an I/O breakout box and a px1000 connected to the first tank and still daisy chain another px1000 to a second tank? It seems like the I/O breakout box must be at the end of the chain which won't work in my case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

clp
02/27/2009, 12:05 PM
We don't sell it, but a 'Y' adapter cable could be made so that both the PX 1000 and the breakout box could be plugged in simultaneously. Making the Y adapter would require soldering wires to minidin 8 connectors.

Curt

chicube
02/27/2009, 12:11 PM
That's great news, thanks for the quick reply.

Krakonosh
02/27/2009, 06:41 PM
Hi Curt,

Could you please tell us what pins are in use on the PX1000 between AC3pro and PX1000.
And what should be twisted on longer runs.
I know pins 1, 2, 3, 4 are inputs and 8 is ground.
I would like to make custom breakout box with pass thru so
I can still use the 4 inputs on the AC3pro.
Thanks.

devgru
02/27/2009, 09:25 PM
not trying to hijack but im interested in this as well.

couldnt you use a old DIN8 keyboard 'y'.the kind that were used on OLD 286 intel?its basically a splitter to use 2 keyboards.

Krakonosh
02/27/2009, 09:41 PM
I just checked in basement for one of those DIN to PS2 adapters and it's a 5 pin.
Not sure if that's what you had in mind.
Also the PS2 is just 6 pin mini DIN.
I already got the connectors, so I just need to know what conductors to pass thru.
I might have actually figured it out already.
It seems that if you can use breakout box and second PX1000 of off a splitter then that leaves just pin 7 for the expansion and of course the ground on 8.
I still would like Curt to confirm it.

devgru
02/27/2009, 11:28 PM
i wasnt thinking of ps2 adapters i dont think.id have to dig some old pc boxes out of my attic to check.

i thought i remembered a 'y' for the keyboards that were DIN,way before the ps2(which resembles serial sort of)