PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Pumb Today

texhorns98
02/28/2009, 11:42 AM
So I'm trying to get all plumbed today, but I'm curious as to how to approach it. The setup:

115 G tank drilled with two 1" drains and one 3/4" return
50G sump/fuge

My original desire was to use flexible line throughout so that things could moved around if necessary. I have the bulkhead for the return line that is threaded on the bottom for a barb. How can I plumb the drains though? The two bulkheads I have now are double slip.

My original plan also called for my fuge to be off to one side, and I would "tee" off the return to feed it. My plan has since changed to a flow through fuge because that section ended up being bigger. I can still change this since I haven't set everything up yet, but my sump is 36x18x18 with 11.5" high baffles. The skimmer section is about 11.5 wide, the middle is 12" wide, and the final section is 8" wide.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

rgrobe
02/28/2009, 12:08 PM
Go to Home Depot or similar home supply store. You will find PVC adapters in various threaded sizes in the irrigation section. Glue and slip that adapter into the bulkhead and thread your hose barbs into the adapter.

You could also use spaflex which will glue directly to the bulkhead with the right glue. That would make it semi-permanent though.

texhorns98
02/28/2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks rgrobe,

If I know I can glue the spaflex into pvc, then I can use a union, no? How long do I need to wait for the glue to cure before I can run a test on the plumbing? I was hoping to move everything tomorrow.