PDA

View Full Version : Any thought on the new electronic CO2 Regulator?

beemer
02/28/2009, 03:59 PM
I have been hunting and hunting for a solid reliable CO2 regulator so I can set up my reactor.
Just came across this and would appreciate some imput.this (http://www.aquariumplants.com/AquariumPlants_com_s_Electronic_Co2_Regulator_p/co2.htm)

If this one doesn't work out I will probably go with their standard regulator. JBJ/Milwaukee/Reef Fanatic just seem to have to many inconsistencies. Any other inputs?

Thanks all
J

ojafri
02/28/2009, 04:41 PM
Milwaukee works good for me,have been using these for the last five years!!

JasonD
02/28/2009, 05:01 PM
I just got one in and I must say I'm very impressed with the unit. Took two weeks to get it in so I would call and talk to a live person. Its very easy to adjust the bubble rate and the unit looks solid, there was a complaint on the feedback forum that this company wasn't helping a forum member resolve some problems with the unit when it broke. I think I would call them and talk to them and see what they say. The warranty is suppose to be three years, now do they honor it thats the question.
]

Jason

beemer
02/28/2009, 09:46 PM
Ojafri,
Milwaukee is very tempting just on price.

Jason,
Overall would you recommend the unit? I don't really mind a bit of exra money I just want a regulator that wont be a source of concern.

Thanks for the input
J

law086
03/03/2009, 03:47 PM
I have the standard regulator from AquariumPlants.com. It's excellent, but better than the lower quality regulators I've used in the past. I would highly recommend it.

bimmerzs
03/04/2009, 10:06 AM
I had the standard regulator and it is set and forget, pretty good unit. I upgraded to the electronic regulator and highly recommend it, you can adjust bubble size by increasing/decreasing pressure as well as the bubble per second. I unfortunatedly had to excercise their customer service, I did not totally back off the regulator when I changed a bottle out and blew out the diaphragm. They took care of it under warranty with no problem or hassle even though it was clearly my fault, even swppeding it out with an even more improved model with a more precise regulator. Great service and made here in the ol' US of A

Cheers,