PDA

View Full Version : Transship acclimation question

jhart
03/01/2009, 09:47 AM
ok I have a question , when I receive a transshiped order my question acclimation ..
I take all fish empty fish into sytroform boxs with there water, now my question is do I drip from my system , or do I make up water and drip from there. now here's the real question Ph.. if the ph is low , from the water recieved say 7.0 , I read that you buffer up the water .. .. If i was to just drip water into the recieving water everything will die if the ph is way off . also if I get both waters ph close, now I put the livestock into my tank and the tanks waters ph is 8.2 thats a big jump.
Please can some one explain to me the right process Thanks John

jhart
03/01/2009, 01:36 PM
wetwebmedia.com with Bob Fenner Stay away from his articles and anything he say as he's an egotistical jerk , We asked him for help , Instead of helping he quoted what we said and replied with no such word as Etc. Making comment as to get out of our hobby like it his..
Instead of helping people let discourage them.. As I say he's a jerk
If anyone needs the correct way to acclimate livestock from a transhipper in terms a non marine biologist can understand. I have all info pertaining to transship acclimation, by a helpful marine biologist, not someone showing off his knowledge to be an egotistical *** wipe.. and most people dont want to help caus they want you to fail. I do understand why people like BoB Fenner dont want people in this hobby its all about money for him, less competition , by his book.
He dosnt care what so ever about livestock if he did he would try to help out..

ehutchby
03/01/2009, 03:08 PM
interesting...

rsisman
03/02/2009, 01:07 PM
So are you going to post up the info that you did get about acclimation procedures?

snorvich
03/02/2009, 02:28 PM
I have generally found Bob Fenner's information to be correct and/or helpful. What exactly did he say?

fishnu
03/07/2009, 09:16 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14510133#post14510133 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jhart
wetwebmedia.com with Bob Fenner Stay away from his articles and anything he say as he's an egotistical jerk , We asked him for help , Instead of helping he quoted what we said and replied with no such word as Etc. Making comment as to get out of our hobby like it his..
Instead of helping people let discourage them.. As I say he's a jerk
If anyone needs the correct way to acclimate livestock from a transhipper in terms a non marine biologist can understand. I have all info pertaining to transship acclimation, by a helpful marine biologist, not someone showing off his knowledge to be an egotistical *** wipe.. and most people dont want to help caus they want you to fail. I do understand why people like BoB Fenner dont want people in this hobby its all about money for him, less competition , by his book.
He dosnt care what so ever about livestock if he did he would try to help out..

Bob has been helpful to me, although he is impatient with a lack of grammar and punctuation.