PDA

View Full Version : Pbt

t5Nitro
03/01/2009, 01:35 PM
I'm at a store with a healthy looking pbt and I want to buy him. About 2 inches and my yellow tang around 4 inches. Any problems dropping him into my display? 125g. I don't have a qt but he is not scratching and eating from rocks and algae clip.

kimbo
03/01/2009, 02:16 PM
i woiuld say your yellow is prob going to chase him and maybe stress him out to the point of an ick out break and so on. powders are notorius ick and external parasite magnest so i dont even recommend adding him with out a qt period just my opinion

zooty
03/01/2009, 09:05 PM
blue or brown?

and no I wouldn't. As Kimbo said powders are notorious for ich. I'm guessing its the blue since Brown's are more of a yellow than brown

brandon7491
03/01/2009, 09:19 PM
this is what i have done: i am by no means an expert on pbt. my exp with the pbt personally is 2weeks but i have researched them for 3yrs and have taken care of multiple ones when i worked in an lfs. No matter what you do its going to get ich. When i bought mine i had the store qt it for 3weeks then i qt it for a week. Once this was over i put him in my display at night around 10pm when the lights were off. He has been eating good but he got ich last week. He goes after nori voraciously and eats spectrum pelets, mysis,flake. As of this week he has gotten over his ich and is fat and happy. Though he is in a 4ft tank that is 18" wide nd 30" high the 8400gph provided by vortechs really makes him work hard and builds muscle. in my opinion a great fish and easy to keep dispite what people say. Just have good flow, husbandry and youll be alright. I would say qt him for atleast a week just to make sure he will eat FOR YOU in your tank.