PDA

View Full Version : Cool new gadget - Current Nocturnal LED's

jmccown
03/01/2009, 08:47 PM
I guess I am behind with the times. I picked up a set of nocturnal blue lunar led's yesterday at a fish store. It's just something that I would never think about buying online. Anyhow, these things are amazing. I sat in my livingroom on the couch last night for a while watching these fish with just the lunars on. It was pretty cool to watch. Having only bought one set I needed more coverage, so I ordered a few more :) I really like these lights alot. Anyone else have them on their FOWLR tanks? They're cheap but very cool!

ccampbell57
03/01/2009, 08:48 PM
I have 10 of them on my T5 fixture. They are dimmable. I love them at night.

DamnPepShrimp
03/01/2009, 10:06 PM
I have them both on my reef and FO tank. Pretty cool, although my T5s on my FO have 6 white ones, which don't do much on a 7ft tank. I'd love to get more as well, just not on top of the priority list :) How about some night pics from you guys?

e55MD
03/01/2009, 10:13 PM
I have a bunch of them too. I think they are especially great if you have a reef tank because all kinds of critters come out in the dark.

LisaD
03/02/2009, 05:08 AM
I have then as part of my light fixture. They are pretty cool.

jmccown
03/02/2009, 08:05 AM
Now I am wondering if the fish actually get any sleep with these lights. Mine are extremely active when my LED's are on. Last night I set the timer on them to go off at 3 a.m. so that it is completely dark for a few hours.

mrwilson
03/02/2009, 04:59 PM
Also have blue LEDs as part of my light fixture over my reef. Very cool. My bicolor anthias and banggai cardinals are out and about a lot at night, so it's cool to be able to see them. And green stuff (hairy 'shrooms, etc.) looks fantastic under the blue LEDs.