PDA

View Full Version : OTP 3000 on a Recirc Leaking!!! Help!!!!

tangtang clown
03/02/2009, 01:12 PM
I have had an Octopus 200 Recirc for almost a year and it is leaking around the volute cover. I was told to use silicon grease a while back and it worked for 3 months. Now it will not stop!!
I have taken it apart, cleaned, and greased the pump 20 times, yesterday alone. I tried to use a thicker o-ring, but it was too thick and would not fit on the pump.
Any one have any ideas?

Thanks.

poolkeeper1
03/29/2009, 03:18 PM
Yeah had the same problem, Try wrapping the O-ring and cover with Teflon tape, Put a lot on so that It seals the leak. It worked on mine!

tangtang clown
03/29/2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks PK! I will try that.

sus
03/29/2009, 06:59 PM
I had the same problem with mine. I had a spare ro membrane housing laying around, and the o-ring on that fit perfect and stoped the leak. It was slightly thicker than the original, but worked great...
Maybe take the current o-ring to a hardware store and try to find a similar size.

tangtang clown
03/30/2009, 06:10 AM
Sounds good. I had an o-ring at home, but it just a little too think and I couldn't get the cover on. I will try to find the one you used.
Thanks.

STEVEBEAM
06/02/2009, 11:15 AM
I would like to thank you guys for this post. My OTP-3000 started leaking after I took it apart for cleaning. I won't do that again! Anyway I did a search on RC, found this post and tried the teflon tape remedy and it worked. I can't wait until i can find another pump to replace the OTP.
Thanks Again,
Steve