PDA

View Full Version : Leather sick?

sethdunne
03/03/2009, 09:56 PM
Anyone ever have this happen to a yellow leather?
I've heard that they can "shed" their skin but not sure if this is that! Water params are all good. I did go to MH lighting over this tank about a month ago but this guy is on the bottom and hadn't shown any signs until recently. Thanks if anyone knows!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/sethdunne/Leatherbrown-1.jpg

sethdunne
03/03/2009, 09:58 PM
It's the browning I'm more concerned with. It will open up its pollups a little during the day but the discoloration has happened really fast.

jer77
03/03/2009, 10:52 PM
Hey, VT, cool. I went to UVM in Burlington, lovely place.

About your yellow leathers, in general I love the coral. One of my favorites when they're open with polyps out and healthy. I have never really had long term success with them though, keeping a few for less than a year or so. It seems, and is well known, that they get infected pretty easily when they get irritated. Irritated from too much/too little light, flow and other things. I do see a little browning around the ruffles on the top. For me this has usually meant almost 100% decline into infected necrotic tissue. I really don't have much experience with them though. Just try not to move it around much- more out of the light if at all, give it some decent indirect flow and maybe someone else will chime in.

sethdunne
03/03/2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks..up until recently it looked really healthy. I'll wait a bit until removing it. Too bad, I've had it for about two years and really like it. Go VT!!!!! (a little too cold right now though) :)

rendogg
03/04/2009, 01:06 AM
Yeah, tough one, that sucks! I would say it's a goner, it might work to frag some healthy pieces but that might not work either.