PDA

View Full Version : percula w/ brown warts/spots

username in use
03/04/2009, 12:24 PM
I have a mis-bar percula. Ive had him for about three weeks, and he has developed brown spots/warts. one is on his upper lip and there are two others on his right side. My water parameters are all normal, and the rest of my fish and corals are doing wonderfully. He is still very active and eats with plenty of energy. I have started dosing the tank with vitamin C and have been soaking the food in Garlic. I feed a mixture of spirulina flake, regular all around flake, and some cyclopeeze a couple of times a week. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. I really want all of my fish to be as happy as possible.

michellejy
03/04/2009, 01:53 PM
Could you possibly post some photos? Are they actual bumps or just discolored spots?

hawgdawg
03/04/2009, 04:22 PM
lympho?

username in use
03/04/2009, 04:53 PM
I can post a photo tomorow when i get my camera back. The one on its lip looks like a small bump, but the two on its side are flat, just spots.

michellejy
03/04/2009, 06:01 PM
The reason I asked if they are bumps or just discolored marks is because spots of brown or black can appear on a fish from coming into contact with corals.

Check out these photos (http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127010) to see if it matches what your fish has (scroll down to hyper-melaninization).

hawgdawg
03/05/2009, 04:56 AM
not lympho

username in use
03/05/2009, 04:28 PM
Hyper-melaninization is what it looks like. Im going to research how to avoid or minimize it, but any suggestions would be great. And thank you for the help, im glad that this may not be life threatening.