PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Tank Crash, angel is only one left alive

rcerulli
03/05/2009, 09:54 AM
Hi All,

I recently treated all my fish with hyposalinity to treat a severe case of ick. Doing so i killed my Kole and Yellow tang, and my angel fish is walking dead. The 3 were in the same tank, i was doing 50% water changes daily. The kole turned white, the yellow tang turned brown and that was the end of that.

Somehow the angel lived but he is really messed up. For 3 days he just hovers at the top of the hospital tank like the walking dead. I did a %100 water change and have started to dose Maracyn.

Here is a pic of him, let me know what you think i can do further. He will not accept food, when he was healthy he would kill his own mother for food so something is severely wrong.

http://robbiered.homelinux.org/uploader/files/138_d0ysj/DSC_0012.JPG

kimbo
03/05/2009, 10:49 AM
looks to me like velvet wich is far worse than ick in all honesty with severity of the condition on this fish your waisting preciouse time with hypo and intern making things worse because of the stress of low salinity. at this pont it may be a little to late but worth a shot i would slowly raise the salinity and dose copper safe and a seconday antibiotic lik maracyn2 or something good luck

rcerulli
03/05/2009, 01:51 PM
Ive started treatment with "power copper" a 1.26% copper sulfate solution. LFS said it was better then Mardel Coppersafe so i said fine. I also dosed Maracyn-2. Already the angel has regained some color with the treatments however hes still lingering near the top and is blue in the face. I'm afraid my other fish have this as well, i lost a Eibli angel who seemingly had nothing wrong with him.

Its very upsetting as i have had most of these fish for 2 years, and i just lost half of them. It makes me want to give up the hobby.

Thanks for your help

rcerulli
03/05/2009, 02:59 PM
Actually its called copper power, not power copper. According to WWM, its a chelated copper.

kimbo
03/06/2009, 08:48 AM
the only copper i have trusted in the 12 yrs ive been in this hobby is copper safe by mardel its much safer than alot of the other commonly sold copper meds and works just as great never had any problems with it

rcerulli
03/06/2009, 08:59 AM
Woke up this morning and the angel was dead. Thats 4 fish down. Only fish left are 2 clarkii clowns, a cardinalfish, humu trigger and a coral beauty angel. who knows if they will survive

kimbo
03/06/2009, 04:15 PM
sorry to hear that but from wat the fish looked like he almost had no hope left in him good luck with your other fish

discusone
03/07/2009, 04:19 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14542730#post14542730 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rcerulli
Ive started treatment with "power copper" a 1.26% copper sulfate solution. LFS said it was better then Mardel Coppersafe so i said fine. I also dosed Maracyn-2. Already the angel has regained some color with the treatments however hes still lingering near the top and is blue in the face. I'm afraid my other fish have this as well, i lost a Eibli angel who seemingly had nothing wrong with him.

Its very upsetting as i have had most of these fish for 2 years, and i just lost half of them. It makes me want to give up the hobby.

Thanks for your help

So,you had these fish for 2 years?And up to that point there were not any problems,as far as crypto,or any other health issue?

Then you noticed/found an issue that you accessed as ich.
The next logical question will be,what was the last fish/wet item that went into the tank.And was it QT,before introduction to the DT.
Really trying to help,offer what may have happened,but we need a sequence of events that led up to this.
Now,please,im not beating you up,but,you did hypo,then copper,then an antibacterial.
This is adding a lot of manmade chemicals to the water.

Can you give a sequence of events?