PDA

View Full Version : Radiant Wrasse

robert55?
03/05/2009, 04:23 PM
Radiant Wrasse
Does any one have experience with these guys good or bad for the reef tank?

JamesJR
03/05/2009, 05:41 PM
They are great fish for the reefs. might eat shrimps like a yellow coris wrasse.

steelersfan
03/05/2009, 05:50 PM
Great fish for the reef. You will need a DSB because they like to bury themselves at night.

robert55?
03/05/2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. How long do they hide when new to the tank? What should I look for when looking for one at the LFS.

seafansar
03/05/2009, 06:04 PM
I have one. Beautiful fish! Make sure your tank is fully covered, they are jumpers. Mine didn't hide at all when I first introduced it, and him and my tang run the tank. It's a full grown one. My friend has one and I don't know if it's because his is small, but it hides all the time. I would say look for one that doesn't look too shy, ask to see if it's eating, and make sure it looks healthy over all.

gsxr750
03/06/2009, 01:36 PM
I have one as well, great fish and the colors are really nice. They are great fish for reef tank i have nothing bad to say about it. I have two cleaner shrimps and they're still alive so mine doesn't pick on shrimps. I also have two yellows and mystery and they all get along real well. Just like seafansar said make sure they're swimming around not shy, have the LFS employee feed the fish just to make sure its eating. Good luck.

robert55?
03/06/2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the info guys. That's good to know that they don't eat cleaner shrimp. I also have a cleaner wrasse does any one see a problem with these too together ? It is hard to believe with all the people online that this is all that has exp with Radiant Wrasses...:rolleyes:

Gregsgsr
03/06/2009, 07:40 PM
reef safe never seen one eat a shrimp have owned 2

seafansar
03/06/2009, 11:33 PM
I doubt there will be any problem between the two. My radiant leaves my red headed fairy wrasse and pink pencil wrasse alone. Don't see why one would bother a cleaner wrasse.