PDA

View Full Version : New Finnex 30gal. M-Tank Set-up

cital
03/05/2009, 05:53 PM
Ok, so after doing a lot of thinking, and comparing, and going back and forth, I finally decided to go with the Finnex 30gal. M-Tank. I wanted an all-in-one tank, and for a variety of reasons I decided to go with the Finnex. BUT, I wanted to make this post to get any final feedback before I make the purchase. I will get the 150w HQI lights with 2x24w T5's and 4 LED moon lights. I will replace the stock skimmer with an AquaC Remora or Tunze Nano 9002. I will probably switch out the stock pump as well, maybe with a Maxi-Jet 1800 Utility Pump? I plan to modify the return with a Hydor Flo nozzle, and also add a Hydor Koralia Nano Powerhead. I also have a JBJ Mini Chiller that I will run on the tank, and I will use a 150w Jager heater. I might also have a custom glass lid made to cut down on water evaporation? I can't really think of anything else??? If anyone has any feedback please let me know. Thanks.

bishop82476
03/05/2009, 06:28 PM
sounds like you did all your homework good luck

skip2142
03/05/2009, 06:28 PM
Sounds like a good start to me. I have only had this tank set up for about a week now but I really love it. It's so practical in its design.