PDA

View Full Version : MP40W Keeps Falling and rather Loud

coultkr
03/06/2009, 05:54 AM
I purchased an MP40W in January and it has fallen off the glass 4 times. The inside compartment has broken my beautiful orange cap several times when it falls. I've also noticed an increase in the sound from the motor. There is no vibration and it seems to work fine other than falling and getting louder. Can you please let me know how to address/fix these issues?

Thanks!

EcoTech Marine
03/06/2009, 09:51 AM
Hi coultkr-

It sounds like something could be installed wrong or was wrong with the pump from the get-go. Please email us at service@ecotechmarine.com or call at 610.954.8480 ext 106. Steve will walk you through setup and trouble shooting to get the issues solved.

coultkr
03/13/2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks Tim,

I left Steve a message two days ago. I'm sure he's busy but I would really like to get this resolved. It has fallen again since my last post and my large cap is now just a bunch of frags. I appreciate any assistance you can offer to get this resolved.

LCN
03/13/2009, 05:59 PM
Mine was doing the same thing, until one day the wet side started spinning all crazy and eventually falling off. I am getting a new wet side sent to me. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

Eel-byte
03/19/2009, 12:41 PM
Make sure you have your pin placement correct, that may be a reason why it is falling off. Also I thought I read that if the glass is not clean enough on the inside, the wet side will spin, but will eventually stop.