PDA

View Full Version : PH Probe Question

glaspie69
03/06/2009, 08:23 PM
I have a regular AC3. I ran a ca reactor for a few months around a year and a half ago without a problem. A year ago I moved and never hooked the reactor up. I recently bought a new reactor and hooked it up around a week or so ago. Here's the issue, I re calibrated both ph probes before i hooked the reactor up. Now for the past few days I've noticed that the probe in the display tends to bounce ph readings and when the first probes shifts numbers the second automatically follows. Now in theory the ph in the ca chamber wouldnt change near that fast. Am I doing something wrong? Are the probes bad? I very well could just be an idiot. I would love any help in this matter. Thanks Jason

jstlsn
03/07/2009, 07:20 AM
Could be a bad probe. I was having a similar problem. One probe in the tank and all is fine. As soon as I add the second, the first one would change. I bought 2 new probes and all is good now.

Brad

einsteins
03/07/2009, 11:56 AM
Jason

I would recommend 2 new probes both of the same brand for what you are doing.

einsteins

glaspie69
03/07/2009, 12:56 PM
Both probes read fine if the second probe is out of the reactor. I would think something software related would be at play. I just don't want to spend a hundred bucks on new probes and it doesnt fix the problem.