PDA

View Full Version : aquamedic reef doser setting ???

kingnai
03/08/2009, 12:40 PM
Can anyone tell me the setting for a dual aquamedic reef doser to dose 50ml of two-part recipe #1

I was thinking 10 seconds every hour

any ideas?

kingnai
03/08/2009, 10:15 PM
anyone?

OceanAV
03/09/2009, 12:04 PM
Guessing there are no replies since only you can determine how much it pumps in 10 seconds. Run several 10 second cycles into measuring glass/vial. Measure the result then determine average per cycle. Multiply that by 24 (for one cycle every hour) and you’ll get your answer.

I have the same doser. It is set to pump 12 sec. every hour. 12 seconds pumping gives me 6ml per cycle - approximately 143ml per day.
Hope this helps.

suthrnmn
03/27/2009, 08:01 AM
Im currentyl dosing the 2 part with the aquamedic unit. Im having a problem with one of the units not holding the chemical in the line. when the system cycles, one unit starts to pump immediately while the other has to pull from the container...down the line and finallly into the system...meaning my dosing is not balanced! Have you encountered this problem?

OceanAV
03/27/2009, 01:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14702983#post14702983 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by suthrnmn
Im currentyl dosing the 2 part with the aquamedic unit. Im having a problem with one of the units not holding the chemical in the line. when the system cycles, one unit starts to pump immediately while the other has to pull from the container...down the line and finallly into the system...meaning my dosing is not balanced! Have you encountered this problem?

My dozer came with 4 one-way check valves. I used one on each channel and don't have this problem.

suthrnmn
03/30/2009, 07:59 AM
bought one over the weekend...just to see if it would solve the issue....it did!!! thanks.