PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade???

Tecdiverfl
03/08/2009, 05:25 PM
I have a 90 gallon tank we really love. I have been seeing some great deals on larger tanks around here. I have seen ads for full reef tanks ranging from 180 to 250 gallons for between $1200 to $1500. I live in S. Florida and seems like lots of people are way over there head in the mortgage and moving. I would like a little large tank and for what some of these peole are selling there tanks you could not even cover the corals. If I do this I would plan on putting my fish in the new tank and selling off whatever lifestock I don't want and my 90 gallon. Looks for some general thoughts on doing this.

Reefaddict79
03/09/2009, 12:10 AM
If the budget allows, do it! I started out with a 90 and looking back ( only a little more than a year) I feel as though I should have gone bigger from the get go. Soooo now I am slowing rounding up all the equipment for a larger tank.

serpentman
03/09/2009, 06:12 AM
Provided you can swing the budget for the upgrade and upkeep, go for it. The one silver lining to this unfortunate economic climate is that there a lot of good opportunities such as this.

waynem
03/09/2009, 09:30 AM
Consider just getting a good deal now on a tank and keeping it in storage for a while. No need to rush the upgrade but no reason to miss the buy opportunity around these days.

Tecdiverfl
03/09/2009, 11:44 AM
I would be looking for a complete up and running reef tank. I have seem some real nice ones locally on Craiglists. The woman I bought my 90 galloon from had close to $6,000 invested in over a 2 year period was moving and wanted it gone for $500. I have seem some similar deals on larger tanks.