PDA

View Full Version : Aus. H. Tusk in Hypo

aldiver311
03/09/2009, 02:38 PM
I lost a H. Tusk a couple of month ago while my tank was cycling in some new live rock. I just got another one 2 weeks ago 9inch very nice colors. On the 12th day I started to notice some white spots on the pec fins. By the way over the past 6 years I have lost 8 of these fish. I still have 3 in my freezer. Im not proud of this but I really love these fish. Every time I see one in the store I want it. I have never put more than one in a tank at a time either. Its always the same symptoms they get ich very easily. My last one before this one lasted the longest about 8 months. I treated with Hypo for 2 months and the ich cleared up. So Im trying Hypo on this one and the ich is getting worse. He has been in hypo for 2 weeks and is slowly getting worse. Any thoughts?? I have also done 1 fresh water dip about 3 days ago and that didn't even do anything.

ccampbell57
03/09/2009, 02:56 PM
if it is getting worse it sounds like Velvet. Looks the same but hypo will not cure.

MatthewLaw
03/09/2009, 03:25 PM
try cupramine (aka copper treatment)?

wouldnt velvet kill faster?

phk36
03/09/2009, 06:42 PM
I had one for three years it also died of ich. I did cure him one time with copper. get a copper test kit ,try live food grass shrimp mine loved them. Soak any food in selcon.

flameangel88
03/09/2009, 08:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14572365#post14572365 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MatthewLaw
try cupramine (aka copper treatment)?

wouldnt velvet kill faster?

Velvet kills very fast in my recent experience and by the third day of seeing the white mask on the fish it was already too late. I was fortunate that I treated with Cupramine on day 2 and with a heavy dose I was able to save 3 other fish.

jrobison
03/09/2009, 08:46 PM
I have had luck treating with copper, but have lost two of these fish myself, both to some type of digestive/bowel trouble. Have had one in a customers tank now for over a year. Good Luck.