PDA

View Full Version : Breeding clowns

jesterns2
03/09/2009, 07:41 PM
I got my first fish and they were obviously clowns lol. Anyhow they are pretty young and I was curious as to how long it takes until they breed?

michellejy
03/09/2009, 09:08 PM
It will generally be at least 18 month, possibly longer.

Toddrtrex
03/09/2009, 09:20 PM
What type of clowns?

Some are easier to get spawning.

jesterns2
03/10/2009, 04:52 PM
oscellarus clowns

NirvanaFan
03/10/2009, 06:00 PM
My ocellaris took about 15 months from when I got them. I've heard stories of them only taking 6 months, and others of them never spawning. If you're looking to get them to spawn, feed them heavily and often with a good variety of meaty foods.

jesterns2
03/10/2009, 06:12 PM
Cool thanks. Speaking of feeding I was amazed with these two. They are the first fish I have put into my tank and I figured they would be a bit skittish for a couple of days and would`nt want food. They appeared to be very comfortable right from the word go although I think the bigger of the two saw it`s reflection in the back of the tank and would jet back to the front, that does`nt happen anymore but they would grab things that would float past them and I wondered if they would eat and about 5hrs after putting them in the tank I threw them a piece of food and they took it so I gave them a few more in which they did eat and all is going good so far.