PDA

View Full Version : Rattle noise on my MP40W

gordon2726
03/11/2009, 05:03 PM
Hi,

Back in 2008 August I've purchased 2 MP40W. Since last month, one of the pump was making LOUD rattleing noise. It sounds like it's not aligning with the motor but I have tried multiple times to align it and still no luck. At first, I thought they need to be cleaned so I took both wetsides out and gave them a good cleaning and re-aligning them back. The one that has loud rattle noise is still the doing the same. I have to turn the power down to at least under 25% to be less noticable. I took the back cover off the wetside and everything looks fine. Maybe something inside is damaged. Anyway, please let me know what can I do. Thank you.

EcoTech Marine
03/12/2009, 09:58 AM
Hi Gordon,

I would pull the wet side apart and inspect the components for anything that might be damaged. Pay particular attention to the wet frame. Also, check to see if the drive shaft is worn. If so, you are under warranty and we will help you out.

Also, please review the video on assembling a wet side here: http://www.ecotechmarine.com/support/support.htm

gordon2726
03/12/2009, 11:55 AM
I will inspect the wet side tonight and let you know tomorrow how everything goes. Thank you.