PDA

View Full Version : String white poop

sunnypanda
03/11/2009, 07:12 PM
I was just curious what treatment would you recommend for an internal parasite...possibly worms or flagellates?

screwsloose
03/12/2009, 08:55 AM
i would try any metro based medicated food if he is still eating. it will whipe out most internal parasites

sunnypanda
03/12/2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I will probably stop by the store and buy some food made from jungle labs to help. The good news is she seems to be eating fine and is not bloated so far :)

sunnypanda
03/13/2009, 10:45 AM
Here is an update, I went to the fish store to buy the medicated food, but then found out that she was going down hill pretty fast that night. I saw her towards the bottom of the tank breathing harder. At one point I only saw one gill functioning and then the other gilll started working. Then maybe once every couple of hours she would swim around the tank ok. I also noticed my tang would come over to pick on him everyonce in a while. I really did not want to move her to the hospital tank and cause more stress but I felt that it was the best option at this point to prevent any other fish from picking on her and to give her a better chance of recovery. This morning she is still lingering towards the bottom of the tank. I am hoping that the vita chem will help. I will try to soak food in garlic to see if that will help her eat since she did not touch any food last night. Sorry for the long winded email, I wanted to be as descriptive as possible. I know that there can be a million reasons or factors why a fish gets sick, but does anyone think that internal parasites could be primarily be responsable for the fish being this sick? I have also read that parachlorometaxtlenol can be used to help the parasites. Any advice would be greatly appreciated at this point. Hopefully I can get her to eat today.

sunnypanda
03/16/2009, 07:37 AM
Well he died anyhow :( Now I will never know if he would have made it if I did not move him.

screwsloose
03/16/2009, 07:50 AM
sorry for the news.