PDA

View Full Version : New one here!

lanespd200
03/14/2009, 08:11 AM
Wanted to say hello and great to be here. I am fairly new to the saltwater experience and hope to learn more as I go. Great set-ups and great information already gained by me snooping and getting information from the other threads.

I have a NanoCube 12 gallon DX, I upgraded to a maxi-jet 12 and added a Hydor Deflector. I am hoping to start adding more corals and etc to the tank. Any suggestions on what to put in that little thing, please send them my way before I add and they wont work.

Great looking forum!

xxwake4lifexx
03/14/2009, 12:53 PM
I'm not able to offer you much advice about your tank, but welcome to the forums! They're FULL of information and pretty much any question you can think of is answered somewhere ;). I'm in the process of setting up my 29G nano. Well good luck.

I'm sure someone who knows more than me will be in here soon...

:rolleyes:

puckbs
03/14/2009, 01:39 PM
i use the hydors too, they're great..they have a fin that runs around the outside, its there to hold a sponge for a different application....you can just cut that off with a dremel, makes it look cleaner in the tank IMO, and also makes it smaller....a little more info on your set up....what's in there now, for how long....will help get you more responses....GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME!

lanespd200
03/14/2009, 02:08 PM
I never thought about cutting that off......great idea. Right now, I am attempting to get things up and running better. I have three damsels in it, 2 three striped ones and a blue one. Just a SMALL amount of star polyps that I just put in there and seem to be doing well. My rock, well.....I have to get more BUT I only have 7 pounds in there. I am looking to obtain more stuff ASAP. Other than a couple clams, snails, and a star fish about the size of an eraser......thats it.

Still undecided if I want to turn my 55 gallon octagon (2 feet deep) into a saltwater set up?

puckbs
03/14/2009, 02:47 PM
oh heck yeah! if i had one i would do seahorses in a tank like that...lol....the beauty of only needing a few more pounds of rock is that you can hand pick the pieces you want, i love the tonga branch, adds great dimension

lanespd200
03/14/2009, 02:56 PM
I really didn't think I could do the sea horse thing with the 55 gallon octagon.......I suppose this might be my next project. Thanks for the idea with that one!

puckbs
03/14/2009, 03:35 PM
seahorses are amazing and not too tough if you're well prepared. I've had great success with them and suppposedly the higher tanks are better for the courting process. I've been trying to NOT think about setting up one in my classroom....this won't help ;-)

lanespd200
03/15/2009, 12:04 PM
HAHA, well now I am set......I will eventually do this to the tank. Thanks guys!