PDA

View Full Version : success of the day!

MarineBiology!
03/14/2009, 12:16 PM
i went to my LFS looking at their stock today out of random boredom.

i get there and they have 2 -65 watt PC fixtures (used- but working) for 10 dollars each!!!

i then went to the live rock section and saw a piece of live rock with 10-12 blue-purple mushrooms growing on it !!!

they look just like this stock photo.
http://www.reefcorals.com/images/Purple_Mushrooms_Mother.JPG

the best part is, i left the store spending 26.98 the rock was only 5.79 it was 3/4 of a pound!!

WIN of the day!:smokin: :smokin:

comments? sorry im so excited, they are beautiful,

o0xerog0o
03/14/2009, 01:18 PM
Blue mushrooms are nice, I was in the hobby for over a year and a half before I got my first blues. Sounds like you made out pretty nicely!

MarineBiology!
03/14/2009, 03:04 PM
im so excited about them. i looked closer at the rock and there are some red mushrooms on the same rock, much much smaller than the blues (which are about 1" across) but they are there! which means i got blue and red mushrooms for about 6 bucks. cant beat that.

also i walked down to the beach today literally just walked back inside. and i found an atlantic sea urchin about half dead and almost frozen on the beach. currently he is sitting in a bucket of ocean water in my living room, eating some dried algae and moving around like nothing ever happened. good day for me!!

mtc1966
03/17/2009, 08:16 PM
were is this store ? i am going to mrytle beach in a couple of weeks sounds like a place to stop in and check out.

redfishsc
03/20/2009, 07:39 PM
Have fun in Myrtle Beach, and be sure to grab a fishing rod and hit the Cherry Grove fishing pier, it's a LOT of fun!

And for you, Marine Biology, you ripped them off, lol! Great find!!!

mtc1966
03/21/2009, 08:59 AM
redfish M.B is a yearly trip for use we love it there.

just curious were is wake forest in relationship to calabash ?
i have property there and plan to move there in the future maybe sooner depending on my job.

redfishsc
04/01/2009, 03:24 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14659022#post14659022 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mtc1966
redwreath M.B is a yearly trip for use we love it there.

just curious were is wake forest in relationship to calabash ?
i have property there and plan to move there in the future maybe sooner depending on my job.

mtc, sorry I didn't look at this thread until just now.

Wake Forest is a couple hours, minimum, from the coast. I haven't driven to Calabash, so I can't say how far that is.

It took me about 3-4 hours to drive from Wake Forest to Bogue Inlet. I think it's a bit quicker going straight to Morehead City/Atlantic Beach.

If you find Raleigh on the map, you've found Wake Forest.

robot2222
04/03/2009, 04:53 AM
HE SHOOTS ................ HE SCORES NICE DEAL

robot2222
04/03/2009, 04:53 AM
HE SHOOTS ................ HE SCORES NICE DEAL