PDA

View Full Version : Drinking water

tjmarty
03/14/2009, 04:49 PM
do you offer a drinking water add on kit, And if so can you tee it to use with ice maker Thanx.

Buckeye Hydro
03/14/2009, 08:33 PM
We do.

However, RO water from a pressure tank sometimes has insufficient pressure to work well with ice makers.

Russ

tjmarty
03/15/2009, 07:06 AM
I did not see the kit on the web site, where would it be.

tjmarty
03/15/2009, 07:13 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14611988#post14611988 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BuckeyeFS
We do.

However, RO water from a pressure tank sometimes has insufficient pressure to work well with ice makers.

Russ

what would i need for the ice maker.

Buckeye Hydro
03/15/2009, 07:49 AM
The easiest thing to do it to tap into a cold water line - run 1/4" tubing to an inline taste and odor filter, and run the 1/4" tube to your icemaker. Using flexible copper tubing would provide the best security.

Water that is free of chlorine (that's what the inline taste and odor filter will take care of) will produce ice cubes that taste fine - much better than using tap water.

If you were intent on using RO water, I'd try it using a FULL pressure tank. If that doesn't work with your refidgerator, you would need a delivery pump between the tank and the ice maker.

We have everything you'd need for both options on the website.

Russ

tjmarty
03/15/2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks Russ for the info on the fridge water but what about the drinking water kit, do i have to buy separate parts or do you offer a kit and if so were is it on the web site i can't find it anywere on the new site i thought you had one listed on the old site.

Tony

Buckeye Hydro
03/15/2009, 08:28 AM
We did. Apparently it didn't make it to the new site - I'll get that taken care of today. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Russ