PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish Disappeared

bmallia82
03/16/2009, 10:02 AM
The other day one of my Percula's has dissapeared, cute little fella too. I have two Clowns in my tank, a mated pair, and one clearly larger than the other.

I'd like to try and mate another one up with the clown i have in the tank. Is it alright to get a smaller clownfish and just put him in the tank?

Also i'd like to add a maroon to host my carpet anemone, would know be the time to add both of them to the tank??

what do you guys think, either way i def want the pair of percuals they are too damn cute together.

kraze3
03/16/2009, 10:06 AM
I would first try to figure out where the clown went. Did you check overflows, sump, behind rockwork, etc?

When adding a new clown sometimes they will fight to the death. SOmetimes when one becomes dominant they will get along, and sometimes they are fine. I have heard adding different species can cause problems, I would keep them the same.

maxheadroom
03/16/2009, 10:06 AM
Check your overflows. I had one go missing last week and I found him in the overflow the other day. I would be carefull with a maroon CF, they get kinda mean.

bmallia82
03/16/2009, 10:11 AM
I'll check my overflows, didnt check there although i have no idea how he'd wind up there.

Very odd that he just disappeared. Only thing i can thing of is my green carpet anemone ate him, or my red reef lobster got him.

I have other fish in the tank i'd think would get eaten first ...tangs, wrasses, algae blenny, etc...

hopefully he's there

i'm excited to look now when i get home

D_Hood87
03/16/2009, 10:21 AM
I had a black saddleback jump into my vent on my overflow for my plumming and didn't find it unti I tore the tank down 6 months later so if you have anything like the plumbing you might check there

bmallia82
03/16/2009, 07:34 PM
He was in the overflow - cute little fella...took out the drain and he went right down into my sump - - thnx guys