PDA

View Full Version : Glancing

hawkey992
03/16/2009, 06:51 PM
My 55g has gone through two epidemics of marine velvet. After the second one, I let the tank go fallow for a month, did 2 100% water changes, and started adding fish again. There is a Clark's clown that's been in for about a week or two and a yellowtail fang blenny that I transferred from another tank. Today, after adding some DT's phytoplankton to feed my feather duster, the clownfish started "yawning" and glancing like crazy. It's possible he was glancing before this but I didn't notice it. I'm worried that the velvet has come back again but before I start aggressively treating and tearing apart the tank, is it possible for live phytoplankton (the marine velvet being a dinoflagellete itself) to cause glancing?

ginger7286
03/21/2009, 11:24 AM
I am not sure about the life cycle of Marine Velvet. It sounds like you do everything to rid the tank of it. Just FYI if you do have another oubreak try Kick -Ich from Rally. I used it once for ich treatment in my reef tank. It worked great and best of all it does not require you to QT or break down your tank. It does not hurt any inverts, nitrifiying bacteria or fish inside the tank. I have not had to use it since and that was almost 2 years ago. Not one outbreak since. Also watch your water params. Sometimes one thing can make the whole tank suseptible.