PDA

View Full Version : PPE Closed?? Rest of tank fat & Happy

kingnai
03/17/2009, 04:17 PM
Well my PPE was open and happy for 3 weeks...

I have a 55 gallon zoa only tank with about 20 different zoas.
everyone is happy and open except my PPE. It has been 5 days now and he is closed up tight.

I dose VC 2x's daily... except when I forget then it gets 1x daily.

He is halfway in the tank with 4 t5's and medium flow.

Any ideas?

-Ian

Sr5_Reef
03/17/2009, 04:26 PM
I would pull him out and dip him. He could have a pest that is bothering him or causing him to close up. Coral revive or iodine dip. I have even used fresh water dip and tap water dips.

I know all your other zoas are happy but there might be something only on that frag that is bothering it. Good luck

Guygettnby
03/17/2009, 06:49 PM
i had a problem like that with one of my PPE frags i had awhile ago. i never could get it to open, but as soon as i put the frag into another tank with alittle less lighting they opened back up within a week. try putting it under alittle less light and alittle less flow for awhile if you can. that helped me out so maybe it will work for you. also look around the base of the polyps to see if you can notice any kind of small spots moving around. they could be various different colors and sometimes almost impossible to see with the human eye to some.

kingnai
03/17/2009, 07:49 PM
I did a freshwater dip and there was a small red worm.

I have 2 wrasses in the tank I would of thought they would get them all.

Think that was it?

kingnai
03/17/2009, 10:07 PM
man a quick look in my tank after the lights were out I found a ton of amphipods

I thought they were good for the tank but coralpedia list them as an irritator.

Also a bunch of bristel worms

ksanmamaril
03/18/2009, 04:32 AM
i had the same problem. But mine stopped opening for a week or two after it popped out new babies... is yours growing new babies?

http://www.fileden.com/files/1239/DSC03298%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG