PDA

View Full Version : Cube stand ideas.

sra_chipmunk
03/19/2009, 04:06 PM
I am planning on making my own stand again for my new cube tank. I am having a custom 24x24x24 cube built. I want the stand to 30Lx27Wx??H. I want both left and right side panels to be removeable and the front panel to be removeable. I plan to use countersunk magnets to hold the panels on. Anyone know of a stand in use that is similar to this idea? Pictures would help to give an idea.

Thanks

MSU Fan
03/19/2009, 05:51 PM
my stand I am building is extremely similar, but I can't post pics since I am out of town. Although mine is 25"x25" instead of the 30x27. I tend to target 30" tall for an 18" tank (mine is 24x24x18), but to each his own. although that's a good place to start.

I built mine using pine 1x3s, then I "skinned" it with oak 1x3's and 1x4s. I am going to put doors on the front of my stand, but the sides will be magnetized as you described.

I also put a 1x2 on its side to rib a raised bottom, which I siliconed to the overall structure and covered in melamine (I believe) - shower wall material - to keep the bottom water proof and to capture any water leaks.