PDA

View Full Version : A zoanthid squirted me in the eye

03/20/2009, 06:57 AM
I felt like fragging some zoas two days ago but didn't use any eye protection. One of the zoanthinds squirted 'zoa juice' directly into my left eye :rolleyes:

I washed my face with water and carried on fragging. The next day my eye became a little bloodshot. Today it seems to be getting redder and its a little uncomfortable to blink.

I'm going to wear saftey glasses next time lol :D

PauChi
03/20/2009, 08:31 AM
Seriously have the eyes checked if it still persists ..... ONE of the TWO that Zoa addicts should always, always Remember to do when fragging .... a pair of Latex Gloves and a Eyewear protection!!!

Hope things'll get Better!!

Paul

cherokee_dude
03/20/2009, 08:48 AM
It's amazing how accurate those zoa shots can be. I never hear stories about getting zoa juice on my shirt :p
Seriously, after reading up on these... I always wear latex and goggles.

650-IS350
03/20/2009, 09:08 AM
I got shot with a healthy dose from a palys ( worse ).. felt like someone poured DRAINO or Acid right in my eye. Flushed it for 15mins.... went to my doctor , got some eye flushing thing and got some medicated ( antibacterial ) eye drops that I had to use for a couple weeks. Eyes were blood shot, red and irritated for weeks. Never deal with polyps without PE's ( protective equipement ) IE GLOVES, EYE WEAR and Mouth cover ( like a breather mask )