PDA

View Full Version : Bangii Cardinal Fish

Pippin86
03/21/2009, 12:32 AM
Hello everyone, hope all is well,

I am maintaining a 125 gallon reef tank that includes a number of tangs, a pair of Fire Clowns, all kinds of coral from zoanthids to green nepthias to acripora and montipora, and of course more aptasia than I would like. sorry about the run on sentence.

There are also three Bangii Cardinals, two of which are breeding. I have heard "around" as they say that the Bangii fry or at least some of them will be ok on their own, without any intervention. My origional plan was to have a separate culture tank set up for them, but I am ashamed to say that work and school distracted me. Not that it matters but they did pair up and breed far quicker than I supposed also.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any experience in like situations or with Bangii Cardinal's in general. I was thinking about a Diadema Urchin, but I am unsure if there is enough algae in my tank to sustain it.Any feedback and/or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
-Paul

FMarini
03/21/2009, 04:34 PM
paul--
not sure i heard the same info as you, but banggai fry in your display tank end up starving or as food for tankmates, unless you feed them. maybe out of 20 one will survive.

If this is in a well established refugium then- maybe potentially- yes

Pippin86
03/24/2009, 02:22 AM
Thank you for the advise. Its been a couple days and there are still at least several in there. It will be interesting to see what happens.