PDA

View Full Version : My Clownfish is Sick- Got some questions

Fsurocks99
03/21/2009, 07:39 PM
I brought home a true percula 4 days ago and it died within that night. Today, my false percula started showing signs of the same illness, so I have him in a hyposalinity tank with a specific gravity of 1.014. I then whipped up a formalin dip in a one gallon bucket(added one drop of formalin) and I kept him in it for 30-35min. My questions are when should I repeat the formalin dip, how long I should keep him in there, and how long should I keep him in low salinity?

Fsurocks99
03/21/2009, 08:41 PM
False Percula symptons-Breathing heavily, swimming in one spot, not eating so far, also it was scratching itself on one of the powerheads. Not often but enough to make me suspicious.

True Perc- Breathing heavily, swimming in one spot, did not eat(didn't expect to since I had just introduced), couple of body lession that were white but i know it wasn't ick, and then death.scratching itself on one of the powerheads. Not often but enough to make me suspicious. Also they both did sharp full body jerks.

Fsurocks99
03/21/2009, 08:42 PM
Tank Par.
Sal- 1.023
Calcium-425
Alk.9.2dKH
Mag. 1275
pH- 8.3
Amm. O
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Phosphate 0
Temp 79

Tangalong
03/22/2009, 07:57 PM
Could the corals and things be making them sick? You might try posting in that section or in the Reef Discussion to get quicker results...I don't know much about disease..HTH

ginger7286
03/26/2009, 03:27 PM
How long have you had the fish? Any other fish showing syptoms? I think this is the time of year for Brookelyne (sp) disease. I wish I could help you more, but look up this disease. It moves quickly and can kill within hours.