PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to apo addresses

james37128
03/23/2009, 07:11 AM
I have ordered a few times from here and it's hit or miss with shipping. There is nothing that shows shipping options upon checkout.

I know that big items shipped to apo address are shipped parcel post, I can't argue the fact that to send a bucket of salt will cost more than the bucket of salt itself to ship via priority mail. Also to send a 72inch light strip will cost over 100$ to ship priority mail. But my concern is with the smaller items that would be very close to the same price to ship via priority mail over parcel post. An example would be the photometer I purchased over a month ago but still have not received. On a 175$ piece of equipment It would not hurt my feeling to pay 3 or 4 more dollars and get the item a month and a half earlier. If I was given the option I would have paid.

In the past I thought a few of my shipments from you were actually via Priority mail, but I do also remember a two month wait before also.

There is a lot to be liked about Dr. Foster and Smith. Huge selection, great prices, all around a very good one stop shop. Please advise how next time I can ensure my package gets shipped via priority mail. I will help spread the word to my local reef club the process to get a reasonable shipping time.

Thanks for your time.

dfs/la2
03/23/2009, 07:26 AM
james37128,

Thank you for your post. We apologize for the length of time it is taking for your order to be delivered to your APO address. When placing an order online and you are on the page that offers different shipping methods, we recommend checking the Expedited Service. Our system will recognize your APO address and ship it priority mail. If you are placing the order over the phone, please inform our representative that you would prefer the expedited shipping service. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

If we can be of additional service, please contact us at 1-800-826-7206, via email at CustomerSerivce@DrsFosterSmith.com, or PM us.

Gwen S.
Drs. Foster and Smith (http://www.drsfostersmith.com)

james37128
03/23/2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks, I don't remember seeing the expedited shipping option. I do believe it was there and wish I would have clicked it.