PDA

View Full Version : 6080 A question

Explorer
03/23/2009, 01:32 PM
I have 6080 A pump that doesn't move water any more. Seems the impeller won't turn any more today. It makes noise when timer turns it on, but past 2 weeks or so sometime it will turn, but sometime it doesn't. On the drive shaft one of the two little black plastic thingy is missing for a while now, and one of the hole that those little piece of plastic sits in on the drive shaft is cracked, so now that hole is bigger than it used to be. Beyond that I don't see any calcium buildups on the magnet or where it sits in the pump. So I hope that replacing the drive shaft and those two little plastic thingy is all I need.

any thing I need to know or suggestions/advice??

rvitko
03/23/2009, 02:08 PM
I think your assessment is correct. Likely the magnet is turning but the brakes are what engage the shaft to the magnet and with one missing and one loose, it doesn't spin the shaft. I would honestly just replace the entire 6080.60 as you may find other damaged or broken parts and it is just simpler and a sure fix.

Explorer
03/26/2009, 01:14 AM
I emailed you guys few days ago, but hasn't receive any response.

How much is entire 6080.60 cost?

anyway I can make sure that there is no other broken parts? I do understand that there might be some damage can't be seen by eyes or perhapes weakened.

does those two black plastic brakes come with the drive shaft? What about the "cap" that goes on the shaft right above the brakes?

wartskin
03/26/2009, 09:02 AM
I apologize if you haven't received a response. Roger does answer every email he gets so I am not real sure what happened.

The 6080.600 is $32.77 and comes with everything you mentioned but you will have to switch out your propeller blade.

rvitko
03/26/2009, 09:07 AM
My apologies, I did find your email and I overlooked it. I answer hundreds of emails a day, and while it is rare, I do occasionally miss one. Based on everything you describe, the 6080.60 drive unit is your best repair option. This kit will replace all moving parts except the propeller blades themselves which you will unscrew from your existing drive unit and reuse. You can order any spare parts on Tunze.com.

Explorer
03/26/2009, 11:34 AM
the 6080.60 drive unit looks a little different from my. The bottom part below magnet looks different, but I assume it will work with my unit, yes?

I might also buy 6080.640 drive shaft too, and keep the old one as spare, just in case the other 6080 has same issue. Just want to make sure that 6080.640 does come with the "brakes" or I am only getting the white drive shaft only as it apear on the web site's picture??

Thanks

rvitko
03/26/2009, 11:36 AM
There have been some very small changes over the years so you will want to replace all the parts that come with the 6080.60.

Explorer
03/26/2009, 11:43 AM
ah ok....that way everything fits right and will work....ok, than I will just get the 6080.60 and transfer the prop. blad over to the new unit.

Explorer
03/26/2009, 11:46 AM
oops...I mean 6080.600

Explorer
03/26/2009, 12:11 PM
done with my order.

One dumb question. I paid with my card, is the payment process by you guys or Tunze in Germany?

I ask only because at bottom of email it has Germany's address and phonenumbers, not the address/number for you guys here in USA.

rvitko
03/26/2009, 01:34 PM
The card is processed in Germany, but the order is shipped from the US. I got your order and it will ship tomorrow. Do you have an address besides the PO Box? We prefer to ship anything magnetic by UPS as they get stuck to the USPS conveyors and lost.

Explorer
03/26/2009, 02:33 PM
Just PMed you with new shipping address.

Please send another receipt by email after you correct the address.

Thanks