PDA

View Full Version : attn people with aquariums in garage. need your help

pogiboy67
03/25/2009, 10:43 AM
plan on having an aquarium in my garage problem is i dont and cant install a ventilation system because i live in a condo. so to the people that dont have ventilation would do you do about your rusting problems on tools and cars? thanks

SaltyTX
03/25/2009, 11:16 AM
Dehumidifier

stuccodude
03/25/2009, 12:40 PM
hook it up to your dryer vent

waxy
03/25/2009, 01:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14688739#post14688739 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pogiboy67
plan on having an aquarium in my garage problem is i dont and cant install a ventilation system because i live in a condo. so to the people that dont have ventilation would do you do about your rusting problems on tools and cars? thanks

Personally, I don't think you should have a tank in the garage if there is no ventilation.

Mold will form, humid conditions, not healthy for the tank. There could be a lot of problems down the road even if you don't notice it yet.

pogiboy67
03/25/2009, 03:14 PM
u guys don't think opening the garage evryfew days with fans will do the job either huh

pogiboy67
03/25/2009, 08:02 PM
anyone?

Chago09
03/26/2009, 06:42 AM
ummm first off how big is the tank? and how big is the garage? For all I know you want to set up a 55 gallon in a two car garage. If so humidity will not be issue at all. If this was a issue people who live in Florida would all be driving rusty cars since garages can be humid as hell during summer months.

That being said I don't recomend a tank in the garage for other reasons. Such as can you predict weather? I didn't look where you lived although do you have cold winters?? or if your somewhere hot, how you gonna cool the tank on the extremely hot days? What about when you clean your car, use chemicals, sweep up dirt, and all the other things people do in garages. I wouldn't want any of that getting into my tank.