PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a little guidance

slapshot
03/25/2009, 07:20 PM
I am adding a "sea grass bed" to my system. Mainly because I want to keep a Hawaiian red Lobster. I will probably not put any sea grass in there as I don't want to get into all the maintenance to keep them but will add some different macro algae. What I need help with is the flow. How much or how little? Stuff like shaving brush even some good ole calpura.

vegaskid11
03/31/2009, 04:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14692495#post14692495 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by slapshot
I am adding a "sea grass bed" to my system. I will probably not put any sea grass in there

:D

slapshot
04/01/2009, 07:30 AM
Vega, you win. I wondered if someone would catch that. :)

vegaskid11
04/01/2009, 12:37 PM
hahaha. I had too.:D

Brush plants and sea fans are both planted and I know that codium can basically just sit on the bottom. Brush plants dont spread easy though and are pretty small. Same with fans, they just wont give much shade or coverage.

I would get some various colored gracileria and secure to live rock spaced out across the bottom. Graci grows thickish (is that a word) and I think would maybe provide better coverage for your invert. Im not sure what else could simulate sea grass coverage.

Good luck