PDA

View Full Version : acan help

Chago09
03/27/2009, 08:52 AM
OK I had bought 4 acan frags, all were cut from a larger colony obviously.

I bought different coloured ones, but I assume all are same specie. They have all been in my tank for two months now and I can't seem to understand whats happening.

From the 4, 1 has already died completly just shriveled up and slowly faded away. 1 is on its way to death. 1 kinda looks not so good. All three of those were great looking at the store before cutting but never really opened nicely in my tank. So your first reaction is something wrong with my water? Well I only mentioned 3, the fourth one is doing amazing. I have grown 2 full heads in only two months.

How could this be?

thegrun
03/27/2009, 09:02 AM
What are your water parameters? Is there any significant difference in tank placement in regards to flow and lighting?

singold
03/27/2009, 12:48 PM
Are you spot feeding them brine or anything?

IslandCrow
03/27/2009, 01:02 PM
I think most of our questions will still be "is there something wrong with your water?" The one that's doing well may have just been a quicker healer or is a more hardy species/subspecies/variant. Even the same species acans can be very different as far as what they can and cannot tolerate.

So, let's start off with. . .What are your water parameters? Also, how long has your tank been up and running, are there any other corals in the tank, how are they doing, and what are the tank's other inhabitants?

Oh, also your lighting. What are you using to light your tank? Some acans can tolerate very low lighting. Others need moderately bright lights.

jlt232000
03/27/2009, 09:36 PM
How do you spot feed? Must you spot feed acans?