PDA

View Full Version : Water saving ro/di unit

805reef
03/27/2009, 11:40 AM
I was looking at your site and saw the water saving ro/di unit. what is the ratio of rodi/waste with this unit compared to your regular 75gpd unit? what would be the drawbacks of getting the water saving unit? ive never had a rodi before, but am looking to purchase one soon

Thefilterguys
03/27/2009, 06:52 PM
The water saver waste ratio is under 1.5 to 1 at pressures of 65 psi or higher. All standard single membrane systems are designed to waste at a ratio of 4 to 1. The drawback would be that your water quality is so poor either one or two membranes performs poorly. For most customers the system performs very well and we have run a test model for almost three years now without issue.

Jim

kc350twin
04/03/2009, 11:54 AM
I don't have a FG's R/O unit but Jim sold me a Dual Membrane add on and it is awesome. I get higher than 1.5:1 ratio at 100 psi. I am concerned about killing my membranes though. I always get heckled on the forums when I tell them I get close to 1:1 ratio. It always starts a debate about Membrane life.

805reef
04/03/2009, 12:00 PM
i think i might go this route... i am planning on using the cold water connection for my washer to run through the rodi... i hope it is enough pressure at that connection

thank for the replies!

kc350twin
04/03/2009, 03:56 PM
If not buy a booster as well you won't regret it. Jim is awesome he def. wouldn't steer you wrong.

In this day and age we need to be responsible with our resources and don't forget to make good use of the waste water as well.

Good luck..... :)