PDA

View Full Version : octopus extreme impeller question

jer77
03/28/2009, 02:15 PM
How do you get the impeller out of the plastic casing of the sicce pump?

How many layers of enkamat do you use for the mesh mod impeller?

Anemonebuff
03/28/2009, 02:18 PM
I have no experience with the Sicce pumps, but with the Sedra I used three layers.

jer77
03/28/2009, 03:35 PM
thanks, is that with the pf4 or the flatback 7210? I'm assuming its with the flatback.

Come on, someone who has an octo extreme with a sicce pum

THE ROOK
03/28/2009, 03:39 PM
They are an absolute pain.

-twist & remove housing from motor. Be careful not to snap shaft.
-remove shaft
-Use the rubber handles of a pair of pliars. Keep handles vertical & use as a spanner wrench by pressing against ribs. It's pretty tough. Do not grab air inlet as it snaps off easily.
-Silicone o-ring grease is supposed to make this process much easier in the future.

jer77
03/28/2009, 04:23 PM
Do you think you could elaborate a little more on the part with the spanner wrench and ribs, please? That would be awesome.

THE ROOK
03/28/2009, 04:45 PM
There are three thin, veritcal ribs on the volute cover. You need to turn the cover counter-clockwise by using the plastic handles of the pliars. Spread open the handles & place each handle against a rib. Then turn the pliars to put pressure on the ribs & thus turn the cover.

I don't have a digital camera to show any better, sorry. If you can;t get it, look in the "Octo X Club thread" which is in the Lighting forum. There's alot of pages but a few weeks ago I remember someone posting some pics.

I subscribe to that thread & the "MSX X Club" thread for tips & mods.

jer77
03/28/2009, 04:52 PM
OK I got it out. Thanks. Couldn't of done it otherwise. That is tough. Whats up with that?

THE ROOK
03/28/2009, 05:06 PM
The o-ring is slightly too big. As I mentioned, if you can get some silicone lubricant at a hardware store that should make a big difference.