PDA

View Full Version : Hypo Question-

rsantangelo3@co
03/29/2009, 02:34 PM
Finally at 1.009! Took a week. Workin with 400 gallon system! But now that e are there how long B4 ick starts to fall off the fish? And a 6 week count from last sign of ick right? And what is the longest you can keep them in this salinity for without jepordizing health seeing how took week to get it to where it is now?

reefergeorge
03/29/2009, 02:38 PM
You should see results in a day or two. I always only do four weeks at 1.009, but six is better. I just don't have the patients.

sanababit
03/29/2009, 02:59 PM
i am interested in this too, i have a powder blue tang in hypo right now, he was covered in ich, he still is since i put it in the tank, its been 2 days and i still see some ich on him and he is breathing rapidly, is it normal for him to breath like that until ich falls off, he is eating and swimming normally, any toughts, thanks

sana

rsantangelo3@co
03/29/2009, 03:48 PM
Always as in you keep having problems? I have read once ick is gone it does not come back EVER unless a new form is introduced from another fish. Can L.R and invets carry ick to? AKA should all of this be quareenteed B4 introduction to the main tank?

reefergeorge
03/29/2009, 04:13 PM
I perform hypo on all new fish. Not the same fish over and over again. I have never had a full blown problem in any of my tanks.

rsantangelo3@co
03/29/2009, 04:26 PM
So there are still some hermitss moving around. Now I pulled most L.R and verts out but obviusly a few remain. They are still moving aorund. Is this normal? Thought they all die off, or is that over time?