PDA

View Full Version : Aquacontroller JR vs Reefkeeper lite

malawinovice
03/30/2009, 09:24 AM
I have a simple tank and looking to run my lights, moonlights, power heads on these units.

I do not have a calcium reactor or mH lights.

Any opinions on the units?

thanks

unbreakable
03/30/2009, 10:00 AM
how many plugs total for everything? what is it that you want to do?

malawinovice
03/30/2009, 10:40 AM
control my lights, regulate my temperate, check ph easily.

I want to be able to turn off my kora power heads at nite for feeding of my brains.

I have 9 outlets in use now, can do skimmer, refuge light on seperate plug.

thaks

unbreakable
03/30/2009, 10:56 AM
RKL3 can do that right out of the box, so can the RKE. RKL youre limited to how many modules you can add (like PC4 = powerstrip, SL1, etc).

RKE can do that out of the box and you can add a lot more modules and control more than a couple of tanks easily as long as you dont exceed the cable length. IMO, the RKE was worth the money. The tank is pretty much on auto pilot and all I do is feed and change water, I'm sure water changes could be controlled by the RKE if I took the time to figure it out, but I wouldn't rely on anything to do it without my supervision..

I'm not familiar with the AC Jr.

sgrosenb
03/30/2009, 05:34 PM
I just opened up my RKL and it is pretty slick... Haven't hooked it up yet but can't wait!

DaveMorris
03/30/2009, 08:14 PM
You can buy the RKL system and later on down the line, if you decide that you need to upgrade beyond the RKL's capacity, you can purchase a RKE head unit and all of your RKL modules will work with it. Both systems use the same modules.

malawinovice
03/31/2009, 11:05 AM
bump