PDA

View Full Version : Help/Advice for a 22g CADlights Nano

Alesia
03/30/2009, 10:46 AM
Okay, I acquired my 22g "Reef Ready" CADlights tank with 6x24w T5HO lighting about a year and a half ago. I don't believe they still make my exact model. It has run fairly well for the last year, until about 2 months ago.

My problem is that the built in return pump seems barely functional now and I can't seem to figure out how to get it out of the back chamber. It seems like the back acrylic divider was siliconed in after the pump was in place -- it fits very snugly in the chamber and won't budge. I would love to just switch it out for a better/higher powered pump. The flow in my tank and through my refugium has decreased significantly and the tank just isn't flourishing anymore.

Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions on how to remove the terrible pump without draining the tank and removing the rear acrylic panel?

Thanks!

snowriderz
03/31/2009, 02:27 PM
any pics of the tank? that would help alot. the pump in my 39G Signature needs to be removed by first loosening up the fitting and then unscrew the adapter that is screwed into the fitting. then the pump comes out.