PDA

View Full Version : ac jr to computer ?

GROWSZOAS
03/30/2009, 07:32 PM
I wanted to hook my ac jr to my computer and i keep getting a ac not responding message. Is there any settings i need to change in the program or on my computer. Im using windows vista and a usb to serial adapter. anyone got any advice for me?

rytrearc
03/31/2009, 09:04 PM
I am having the same problem. I am using a minidin to serial and then a serial to usb to connect to my laptops. I installed the drivers for the serial to usb cable and it's recognized on the COM2 port. The Baud/Parity/Port/etc are setup to match but Aquanotes doesn't recognize the controller. I am using Windows XP.

clp
04/01/2009, 03:36 PM
Be sure to set the correct serial port on the config tab of the tank database window. If the not responding message is coming back quickly either another application already has the port open, it isn't a valid comm port, or there is a driver issue.

Curt

jaysonsd
04/02/2009, 09:06 AM
If you did what I did: just plug it in, set the com ports and cuss when it wouldn't connect; I did what I never do, read the instructions:

Important to get the serial number off the self-test (mine wasn't the same as the back of the acjr box), set up the database and make sure you put the serial number and com number in the database. Then, magically (at least to me), it works.