PDA

View Full Version : Lobo not doing so hot

Spongie
03/31/2009, 01:55 PM
Okay, I know I shouldn't have purchased one but I did anyways. I bought this beautiful Lobophylia and now it is wasting away to nothing. I have tried feeding it on several occasions with Mysis, Frozen Cyclops, and Krill to no avail . :thumbdown

It only seems to be doing worse. I haven't had time to take any pics. But does anyone have any suggestions on saving this poor fellow?

maxheadroom
03/31/2009, 02:09 PM
what type of lights is it under? How many watts? What are your water parameters?

Ajsim1
03/31/2009, 03:53 PM
A picture would also help with finding a solution... Lobophyllia's are very hardy corals so i'ts quite possible that yours still can recover...

Sheol
03/31/2009, 05:16 PM
What is in your tank as well? I have found that the prescence of 'shrooms seem to inhibit Lobos & Symphyllia in my tank. Though a Cynaria is doing fairly well..

Matthew

Spongie
04/01/2009, 07:13 AM
I will try and get a pic up soon.

The tank is lit with 2 150 watt 14k MH with additional PC actinics.

Water param's seem okay, salinity 1.023, Amm=0, Nitrite=0, Nitrate=5

It is parked next to some Ricordia Yuma's but not close enough to touch them though, Also fairly close to a Platigyra (sp?). If I don't see some improvement today I will def. try moving it away from the Rics.

Sheol
04/01/2009, 05:53 PM
Hmm, its possible the Platygyra is stinging it. The Platy I had last year sent out some really impressive sweepers. They can be quite aggressive. Are the Yumas the only Corallimorphs you have? My Lobos weren't near them, but they seemed to weaken & develop RTN suddenly.

Sincerely,
Matthew

Spongie
04/03/2009, 06:59 AM
Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone about this. If have moved it away from the Platy and the Ricordias. It doesn't appear to be doing much worse. However it doesn't appear to be doing much better either. I will post a pic later today when my camera gets here.