PDA

View Full Version : Best way to mount single polyps!!

casualreefer
04/01/2009, 10:07 AM
Well i tried fragging my purple death colony and the one polyp i did mount ended up floating away the first night. all i did was cut a polyp off and glue it to a plug but it didn't work. I would love to hear some good ideas, i don't feel like loosing another polyp. thanks people!!!

Fishindude88
04/01/2009, 10:20 AM
Using a piece of the rock it is on helps with that. Try using a dremel maybe?

areze
04/01/2009, 10:40 AM
dry the bottom of the polyp on a rag gently will help it adhere.

you can also put a little cage over it, like a chinese soup container poked with tons of little holes drilled all over it, that way if it gets loose, it isnt lost.

Guygettnby
04/01/2009, 10:51 AM
when fraging them off use a scalpel or real sharp razor blade and scrap some rock off with the polyp. that way it has something already attached to it for gluing. also like mentioned above, be sure to tap the bottom of the polyp dry so that the glue will properly adhere to the polyp.

Der ABT
04/02/2009, 07:47 AM
get some bridal veil and put it over the top of a container to prevent it from floating away and or other fish picking at it. but as said above try to get some rubble no matter how small when you frag it.

suliaman007
04/04/2009, 07:58 PM
I cut, dry, and super glue (gel) it on to the plug. I apply some pressure to make sure it sticks. I put it in a low flow area and give it time to heal.

Make sure you use superglue gel!

I dont think you are too far from me, If you want swing by... I offer free lessons ;)

Good luck

geoxman
04/04/2009, 08:49 PM
Well i tried fragging my purple death colony and the one polyp i did mount ended up floating away the first night. all i did was cut a polyp off and glue it to a plug but it didn't work. I would love to hear some good ideas, i don't feel like loosing another polyp.

Stay away from doing single polyps! Their survival rate is much greater with multiple polyps. good luck