PDA

View Full Version : Aquascaping

aquaticdiver
04/02/2009, 06:12 PM
Ok sorry I'm such a newbie but I really do appreciate all the help that I receive when I post a question. Yes some questions are kind of retarded and my question might be too but I just don't want to mess anything up in my tank by experimenting. I would like to know if I can do something or if it will have disasterous consequences.

so can I use Instant Krazy Glue the advanced formula gel to glue a rock onto another rock with out the parameters going crazy. I have 2 zoas, a leather coral, 2 damsels, some snails, and a fromia star.

I just don't want anything to die so thanks!!

Geodriller
04/02/2009, 06:23 PM
they make multiple products for sticking LR together. I Know most super glues are safe but, I think you would be better off going with the rock putty.

Delr3
04/02/2009, 06:28 PM
+1 for the putty. I used it on a few of my rocks that would not hold the postion I wanted them to be in. For the most part I didn't glue anything down just in case i wanted to move it later. I use super glue to mount coral.

stingythingy45
04/02/2009, 06:28 PM
Crazy glue would work.
But I like the Super glue Gel best.
I personally don't think you'll have much luck gluing rock with crazy glue unless they are very small.I like using the two part epoxi for this.Either the stuff you can get at the local fish store,or the Aquamend from Home Depot.Just pull off a fair amount work the green and white parts together and put it between the two rocks you want to join.It even works fine underwater.
Just beware,whatever you chose to use,your skimmer is going to foam for at least 24 hrs.And may need to be turned of for a while.

aquaticdiver
04/02/2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks I think I will try the rock putty and see if that works well

hamiltonguy
04/02/2009, 08:58 PM
+1 on the putty too. Correct if I'm wrong but I don't thing you can use crazy glue or super glue gel underwater.

drparker
04/02/2009, 09:18 PM
The purple putty that Bulk Reef Supply sells cures faster than the standard green and white, faster curing is very handy when aquascaping.

kmckay
04/02/2009, 09:40 PM
IMO, drill, cable ties, and PVC structures are the best if you want to go all out. Prob not needed for a small tank though.