PDA

View Full Version : painting the tank when setup?

NCreefwannabe
04/03/2009, 12:44 AM
Probably going to sound like a dumb question but I meant to paint the back of my tank before I set it up and somehow completely forgot....
What would be the best way to accomplish this now and with what kind of paint? I can get behind the tank, tight fit but its possible lol.

uncleof6
04/03/2009, 12:58 AM
Most would probably say use krylon fusion around the tank, but it is for plastic, and apparently does not stick to glass very well. What i used was, was rust-oleum painters touch flat black (the glass will give it a shine and make the "show side" look even. I don't splash salt water all over everything, so it held up well. The way it was recommended to me was, "just use a flat black latex paint". Use a roller if you can, but don't think it will be simple not being able to move the tank a little bit. :D The only dumb question is one that is not asked, and is only dumb because it doesn't get an answer.

HTH,

Jim

billdogg
04/03/2009, 04:46 AM
i prefer enamel rather than latex, but yup - flat black (or your color of choice and a disposable foam roller. tie it to a stick to reach all the way across the back if you can't reach it by hand. not a big deal at all. oh yeah - try to miss the wall behind the tank!

stugray
04/03/2009, 09:13 AM
I have used latex and it works just fine.

Get a mismatched color at HD or lowes for $1 and have them tint it to a dark blue.

It rolls on in one coat & you dont have to worry about the fumes.

Stu